[B-Side of the Month] STAYC's So What: Sometimes, You Can Take It Slow

One busy day in May, I decided to watch Music Bank live stream on YouTube and found this sweet song from STAYC, So What. 

I enjoyed their performance and thought, "wow, bubblegum is going back to KPOP." With the rise of girl groups with dark and edgy concepts, it is refreshing to hear this type of music. Another interesting part was they were singing live with hand-held microphones. Very cool!



I never listened to the song again until I came across this lyrics video on Twitter (god bless), and it instantly became one of my favorite songs. Like most KPOP releases, it is even better to listen with just audio to get the full experience of the song. Both the lyrics and music gave me this calm, comforting feeling, especially during the pandemic. 

"Don't make it complicated by thinking of it, let it go. I think we need to just take it slow." As someone who loves to think and think, I take a listen to this song just to remind myself that everything will be okay and enjoy the present. To take a break and don't overthink. It's nice to see a young group sing about the reality that most of the people experience. 


So What with translated lyrics

So What is just one of the songs I enjoyed from this new group. STAYC, an acronym for Star To A Young Culture, is a girl group composed of six members: Sumin, Sieun, Isa, Seeun, Yoon, and J- who debuted on November 12, 2020, with their first single album with the same name. 

Their first lead track "So Bad" garnered 23 million views on YouTube as of today and they are one of the most interesting 4th Generation KPOP rookies. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[MV Reaction/Review] Weeekly - Ven Para

[MV Reaction/Review] NMIXX - O.O